He makes it easy to love him so much....

"I wake day or night, suit and boot, for the safety of my people, my family, my love... my life." (It's not much but it's for you baby, I love you) - Joshua Reeves



Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Best Laid Plans...

Last night was the long awaited FRG meeting, the one with dates and information about the upcoming Deployment. It was also my very first time leaving my kids at any kind of daycare. Let's just say I missed the entire meeting because the CYSS people called me out of it. Sophia was crying too much, HELLO, she's a year old... and Lincoln was not cooperating with circle time, again he's only two. Needless to say I was less than impressed with their knowledge of childcare, and then hurt beyond words when the lady gave me her "advice."

"Ma'am, don't you know they have parenting classes on Fort Hood? Are you new or something? You need to bring your kids to the daycare for about fifteen minutes a day until they know how to behave in a childcare setting."

This is all I'm going to share with you, because I'll get too upset if I go on any more. This woman was standing there telling me that I'm a bad mother, that I need parenting classes, and that my children are misbehaving little monsters. I was too upset to even blog about it last night, I cried in front of Josh's superiors and felt so embarrassed. I know I should have been raging mad, but most mothers would probably agree with me when someone attacks your parenting skills, or says you're doing wrong by your kids, it stings.

I'm debating whether or not to call and make a formal complaint about this woman. I sat in that daycare with the kids for almost an hour waiting for the meeting to get over. I witnessed some things I don't feel are appropriate childcare techniques, and while I don't claim to have any kind of "professional training" I AM A MOTHER, and I know how I want my children to be treated.

Let me ask you this, if you were watching a group of children from new born age to kindergarten age, would you take all the toys away and force them to sit quietly in a circle to hear a story? Does that make sense to anyone? I'm done talking about this though, I had a horrific first experience with Daycare, but I won't give up just yet.

ON A HAPPIER NOTE...

I dropped my husband off in front of III Corps building today so he could catch a bus to College Station. He's part of some demonstration there, more than likely to recruit more troops, but either way, he looked absolutely amazing in his class A's. He hates them, as do most soldiers I hear, they're green so they've been nicknamed "the pickle suit" somewhere along the line. There is so much pride in me though when I see my handsome husband all decked out in a tie, and his shiny black shoes, and all those medals hanging off his chest. (Okay, he's only a PFC so there aren't that many, but I'm proud all the same.)

One of the most important messages they wanted to get across at the meeting last night was that we need to start preparing to be single Moms again. *sigh*
Time to take the kids grocery shopping alone, carry them inside the house one at a time, juggling groceries and whatever toys have migrated to the car
Time to make financial arrangements, get POA's up to date, make sure all important paperwork is copied and filed for emergency use.
Time to get serious about making friends here, finding play groups, getting daycare set up so Mama doesn't have to be on duty 24-7-365.

Time to hug tight, love hard, and prepare our hearts for the crazy year we're going to be facing.

Josh asked me last night what I want to do for the two weeks of block leave he gets before he deploys. I told him to think hard about what HE wants to do and then get back to me. He mentioned visiting Alaska, our home-state (well at least our childhood state), and I'm considering it. Though I'd love to just have him home with me and the kids and just soak up as much love as we can, that would be a pretty fun adventure with the kids.

Speaking of my kiddos, both of them are.. GASP.. napping!!! So I'm going to take advantage of this quiet time and get some things done! Until next time, consider yourself Nicked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment